Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Last updated 3/18/2020
As the world grapples with Coronavirus and we all seek to answer the "should we be traveling?" question, we want to provide you, our community, with the information and tools to keep you safe and help you make the best decisions.
Here’s what we know so far:
- Africa (the continent) currently has the lowest incidence of coronavirus in the world. This does not mean, let's all flock to the continent - instead it means we've got to do our best to make sure those of us from the US and around the world stay home to keep it that way. COVID-19 has hit the continent and governments have jumped into action (lowkey faster than the United States). Ghana has shutdown social gatherings and others have barred entry from Europe and even the US.
- The best update on the spread and numbers in Africa is the African Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (@africacdc on Twitter). Here's the latest.
- These myths about Coronavirus in Africa are not true, and the internet has to chill. Let's leave the hypotheses to the experts.
Now, onto something else you might be wondering… “Are ya’ll still doing trips this year?”
YES (but). We’re moving forward with determined hope that efforts by governments and public health officials will effectively curb the spread of COVID-19 in the coming weeks. Most of our group trips happen in the latter half of the year and we'll be closely monitoring the situation to make determinations on all July/August trips scheduled. Whether you are going on a group trip or have our single day experiences in your plans here's how we'll be handling refunds and changes.
- In the event that the threat and spread of COVID-19 continues and interrupts your travel plans, you’ll be provided a full refund including all fees associated with booking your trip or experience.
- If you’re traveling from a severely impacted area and need to cancel your travel plans, you’ll be provided a full refund including all fees associated with booking your trip.
- If you are a Tastemakers curator and would like to adjust your availability and cancel current experiences, you can do so without penalty, as long as you provide 48 hours notice and allow time to notify your booked travelers.
We will continue to monitor COVID-19 and will share updates here.