Founded in 2014, Tastemakers Africa is a trusted community marketplace for black millennials looking to connect to culture and heritage worldwide. Our roots are in disrupting the narrative on travel in Africa through authentic experiences with locals in African cities. We now have our sights on taking this model throughout the African diaspora in an effort to build community, connections, and understanding among people of African descent.
Experiences on Tastemakers Africa are tours, events, and activities that gives guests "insider level" access to culture and community wherever they travel. Each curator is selected based on their connection to the community, their passion for sharing their city, and the interesting and unique way they can create something epic for visitors
We’re looking for a dynamic Market Lead who can bring Latin America onto the platform with an emphasis on experiences related to people of African descent. We are looking to bring a large number of afro latino identifying entrepreneurs into the tourism ecosystem and provide access to the dynamic history and culture of an often overlooked society to travelers who prioritize cultural connectivity when they travel. You will be responsible for growing the supply of experiences across the region, defining partnerships and community activations, and driving growth strategy.
As the Market Lead - Latin America/Afro Latinx experiences you're responsible for bringing new experiences onto the platform in Latin America, building bridges to communities in select destinations, providing thought leadership within the company on Afro Latinx issues globally, and working with other city teams to add Afro Latinx experiences to the platform globally. As an early hire on a small team you'll join us at an exciting time and be responsible for:
- Support the growth of Tastemakers across Latin American destinations with significant populations of people of African descent
- Collaborate with a cross-functional teams on global and local initiatives.
- Initiate and manage projects, programs and partnerships that drives business growth at scale.
- Assess business performance, market opportunities and deep-dive into areas of strength and weakness.
- Support, listen to, and learn from our curator community and apply the learning.
- You understand Tastemakers Africa and can explain it's dopeness to others in a way that gets them excited.
- You can build a parachute while jumping out of the plan - create plans and execute them with little support
- You have a built in network of dope people that you can connect to the Tastemakers platform
- You do well as a brand representative
- You are super independent and can flourish with minimal guidance
- 2-4 year working experience in marketing operations or program operations. Working proficiency in both Spanish and English.
- You are an excellent storyteller. Experience in copywriting and social marketing is a plus.
- You are in touch with the latest trends in entertainment, travel, lifestyle and what black travelers want from their leisure time.
- You think and act like an entrepreneur. You are scrappy and goal driven, and think with a growth mindset.
- You have strong analytical skills with experience making data-driven recommendations and decisions.
- You’re comfortable using Excel, Numbers, or Google Sheets to manipulate data. .
- You have great communication & people skills, and are able to quickly build relationships with partners, cross-functional teams and host communities.
- You have a hands-on approach, and are able to hustle to get things done quickly.
- You are highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Content production experience
- Social Media Marketing experience
- Agency Experience
- Experience working with communities of African Descent
- 1+ Years in Digital Community Engagement
- 1+ Years in Community Development, Advocacy, Etc
- Experience in tourism, entertainment, nightlife
- Work on a suite of modern products that will change the travel industry for the better
- Small-team collaboration, mentorship, and pair programming
- An annual team conference in Africa
- Tastemakers experience credits, to be used by you or gifted away
- Empower a generation of entrepreneurs to share their passions with the world and unlock connections across Africa and the diaspora in meaningful ways.
- You’ll receive a fixed referral fee for each new experience curator you onboard to Airbnb that reaches an earned booking value of $100 on the platform (up to $300 of Ambassador earnings per booked experience).
Think you have the skills and passion for the job? Are you excited to work for a global team changing the narrative on travel? Then please introduce yourself and send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.