We are looking for a Graphic Designer and Editor to translate our vision into things that excite our customers. Our aim in the next 12 months is launch original content, engage our customers pre, during, and post trip, and to be apart of our global community in new and imaginative ways. You’ll build on our existing brand creating print, digital, and video collateral that speaks to black millennials in particular. This role requires an innate knowledge of design principles and are tuned into #theculture. You are comfortable across a range of post production work including video editing for social. You like to push the edge on design, try new things, and also understand storytelling and community engagement.
Your day-to-day switches between creating brand standards, editing raw images/video for instastories and other social channels, creating collateral and swag for events, activations, and community engagement, creating standard design elements for our newsletter, application messaging, onboarding, partnerships, and working with out UX/UI designer as needed.
As the Graphic Designer and Editor you are the visual voice of our brand. You'll be creating ways for people to fall in love with Tastemakers again and again.
Your responsibilities include:
- Design and layout content inclusive of, but not limited to:
- All digital graphics such as on-page graphical elements for our website, supporting graphics for blog posts/webpages, etc.
- Banners for social, web (as it pertains to landing pages and blogs), and advertising (digital and print)
- Graphics/images for slides, event signage, promo items, and email (specifically with Mailchimp in mind)
- Collateral-like content inclusive of ebooks, white papers, and infographics
- Organization and retention of content, design standards, photos, and video files
- Social content post production including:
- Video editing for Instagram Stories and IGTV
- Video and image editing for Facebook
- PPC ad design and development for Facebook and IGTV
- Creating location skins and other activities i.e. stickers and GIF's for instastories
- Strong graphic design skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong command of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator and Photoshop, with After Effects experience a strong plus.
- Strong illustration skills in a variety of mediums and styles.
- A flexible skill set and aesthetic range.
- An eagerness to continue growing your design toolkit.
- Comfort in a deadline-driven environment, with a strong ability to develop and deliver work in a timely manner and to handle multiple projects at once.
- A high level of productivity and proactiveness, especially when developing new ideas.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong ability to explain your creative vision/process in relation to the project goals to cross-functional partners.
- Comfort taking art direction, receiving feedback and navigating multiple points of view.
- An interest in being an avid collaborator and positive force, generous with your time and knowledge.
- Experience with lettering, photography, or video editing a plus
- Experience in producing vertical video
- Experience in a startup and/or multicultural agency
- Motion design and animation
- Work on a suite of modern products that will change the travel industry for the better
- Small-team collaboration, mentorship, and pair programming
- One fully-covered large software conference, retreat, or workshop series per year
- An annual team conference in Africa
- Ongoing internal team workshops and local conference access
- Monthly happy hours with our HQ team in New York City
- Health Insurance
- Monthly MTA benefits
- Tastemakers experience credits, to be used by you or gifted away
- 0% - .5% Equity (depending on applicant experience)
Think you have the skills and passion for the job? Are you excited to work for a global team changing the narrative on travel? Then please introduce yourself and send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.