We are looking for an Executive Assistant to supercharge our CEO and drive execution on our vision. Our aim in the next 12 months is rapidly scale to new cities, build radical partnerships, and become the most influential travel platform in our community. You’ll be the right hand to our CEO, a highly awarded and sought-after founder, working closely on marketing, partnerships, travel, activations, people management, finance, operations and more. This role requires an aggressive, enthusiastic, ask for forgiveness, jack of all trades type who has their sights on a future C-Suite role. With the range of tasks you'll be assigned we see the potential for a Chief of Staff/COO role as a natural next step although you'll have the chance to lead initiatives that might pivot you towards a leadership role in marketing, partnerships, or community. The opportunity is to support a creative and visionary CEO and power our ability to utilize our network, partners, customers, and community to maximum potential.
Your day-to-day switches between implementation and coordination of key marketing and community initiatives, CEO calendar management, CEO relationship management, personal admin, operations and finance, company communications, research, host engagement, and general business operations.
As the Executive Assistant to the CEO you're expected to have an "I can do it or find someone who can" mindset. You'll have first line of sight into the priorities of the company and the thinking of our CEO and be able to funnel opportunities through this lens. As an early hire on a small team you'll touch every part of our organization and be responsible for:
- Support the CEO on business operations including managing subscriptions, budget reporting, expense reconciliation, employee benefits, onboarding, etc.
- Source and onboard creative freelancers and contributors
- Source and manage all CEO engagement including speaking, conferences, meetings, etc
- Manage the CEO calendar and travel
- Relationship management and strategy
- Execute special projects
- Source and execute events and community engagement
- Coordinate and run errands i.e. dry cleaning, personal admin, etc.
- Build cross-functional internal and external relationships
- Manage inboxes and messages and flag important items to be addressed in a timely manner
- Act as an extension of the CEO to help create meeting and follow-up materials (decks, memos, emails)
- Conduct daily meetings with the CEO and develop agendas to maintain action items
- Anticipate CEO's needs and plan accordingly for them
- Coordinate and maintain heavy domestic and international travel itineraries, including; scheduling and confirming ground and air transportation, accommodations, meeting coordination, and visa applications as needed
- Be responsive to emails, phone calls and messages, with regular contact outside normal business hours
- Growth mindset, intellectual curiosity, empathy and high EQ
- You have integrity, invaluable organizational skills, and you love to create order in a chaotic world.
- You have a good understanding of the start-up, travel, and/or content landscapes.
- Passion for service and being the engine that makes things work
- Previous administrative experience, ideally supporting a CEO or senior-level executives
- A tilt toward exceptional over basic
- Exceptional professionalism, communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, detail-oriented and strong problem solving skills
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Digital and web savvy, knowing when tech can make us more efficient in execution
- Ability to grow with the organization and take on increased responsibility as earned
- Traveler-centric prioritization and team-centric collaboration
- Excitement around our mission and community
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Strategy skills that will help you detect new or missed opportunities that will help Tastemakers grow and improve regularly
- The ability to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Graphic design and/or video editing experience
- Instagram and/or Twitter savvy
- 1+ year(s) as an Executive Assistant
- Experience in the entertainment or startup world
- Event planning experience
- Work on a suite of modern products that will change the travel industry for the better
- Small-team collaboration, mentorship, and pair programming
- One fully-covered large software conference, retreat, or workshop series per year
- An annual team conference in Africa
- Ongoing internal team workshops and local conference access
- Monthly happy hours with our HQ team in New York City
- Health Insurance
- Monthly MTA benefits
- Tastemakers experience credits, to be used by you or gifted away
- 0% - .5% Equity (depending on applicant experience)
Think you have the skills and passion for the job? Are you excited to work for a global team changing the narrative on travel? Then please introduce yourself and send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.