Founded in 2014, Tastemakers Africa is a trusted community marketplace for black millennials looking to connect to culture and heritage worldwide. Our roots are in disrupting the narrative on travel in Africa through authentic experiences with locals in African cities. We now have our sights on taking this model throughout the African diaspora in an effort to build community, connections, and understanding among people of African descent.
Experiences on Tastemakers Africa are tours, events, and activities that gives guests "insider level" access to culture and community wherever they travel. Each curator is selected based on their connection to the community, their passion for sharing their city, and the interesting and unique way they can create something epic for visitors
We’re looking for amazing Community Ambassadors that can help attract a large number of entrepreneurs to develop and/host experiences for the categories Arts/Culture, Food/Drink, Entertainment/Nightlife, Nature/Outdoors, History/Traditional, Spirituality/Wellness.
You will be working as an independent freelancer, and earn a fixed fee for every Experience listing you generate and for one that obtains a booking on the platform . You will also host monthly community events that engage both travelers and curators in your city.
You must be living in the city you want to become an Ambassador for, and have your finger on the pulse of your city.
As a Community Ambassador you're responsible for bringing new curators and experiences onto the platform and translating the needs and interests of your community to the broader Tastemakers Africa team. As an early hire on a small team you'll join us at an exciting time and be responsible for:
- Adding new and interesting experiences to the platform and building the curator community in your city
- Tracking outreach efforts in an effort to create measurable and repeatable pathways to growth
- Keeping a pulse on the kinds of experiences and curators our community is interested and using that to guide your efforts.
- Coming up with creative ways to find curators and experiences
- Hosting curator and community engagement events
- Sharing and documenting learnings and feedback from the community
- You understand Tastemakers Africa and can explain it's dopeness to others in a way that gets them excited.
- You can build a parachute while jumping out of the plan - create plans and execute them with little support
- You have a built in network of dope people that you can connect to the Tastemakers platform
- You do well as a brand representative
- You are super independent and can flourish with minimal guidance
- 1+ Years in Sales/Commission Based Role
- Experience in Entertainment, Nightlife, Travel
- Agency Experience
- Experience working with communities of African Descent
- 1+ Years in Digital Community Engagement
- Work on a suite of modern products that will change the travel industry for the better
- Small-team collaboration, mentorship, and pair programming
- An annual team conference in Africa
- Tastemakers experience credits, to be used by you or gifted away
- Empower a generation of entrepreneurs to share their passions with the world and unlock connections across Africa and the diaspora in meaningful ways.
- You’ll receive a fixed referral fee for each new experience curator you onboard to Airbnb that reaches an earned booking value of $100 on the platform (up to $300 of Ambassador earnings per booked experience).
Think you have the skills and passion for the job? Are you excited to work for a global team changing the narrative on travel? Then please introduce yourself and send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.